[asterisk-users] Paging for Praying

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Jan 1 20:22:31 CST 2013

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> * How can I know this format? Because I need to know what should I place
> in this file so it will execute Paging for this group of Phones?

This may help:

 	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

>> How many customers will be receiving these reminders?

> * It is required that all the employers at the company to hear this on
> their IP Phones.

In my experience, you can't just dump xxx call files into the outgoing
directory. If you expect more than a dozen or so, you'll have to move them
in blocks as they are processed. Another good reason to use AMI.

>> You can 'schedule' a call file to be processed in the future by setting
>> the file's 'mtime.'

> * Can you explain for me please?

Create a file named fajr containing:

 	application:	playback
 	channel:	sip/bilal
 	data:		fajr-in-10-minutes

Copy the file to a directory we assume is on the same file system as
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/:

 	cp\
 		fajr\
 		/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/

Set the file's 'mtime'

 	touch\
 		--date='now + 2 minutes'\
 		--time=mtime\
 			/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/fajr

Move it to the outgoing directory:

 	mv\
 		/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/fajr\
 		/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

Your phone should ring in about 2 minutes.

You may want to look into setting 'auto-answer' or some sort of 'overhead
paging' with a very discreet sound file like a short, single beep.

Please consider AMI if you are looking for a robust service.

--
Thanks in advance,