[asterisk-users] Asterisk AMI - Create a daemon (background process)

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Feb 26 11:38:04 CST 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Don Kelly wrote:

> So that brings up the question I have. Shouldn't a daemon be a compiled
> process?

Since C is my sharpest tool, the question is somewhat moot :)

Once you get past the overhead of parsing a scripting language like PHP or
Python, I think the efficiency advantage of C is minimal and the actual
execution time will be dominated by whatever the daemon is 'talking to' --
i.e. Asterisk or MySQL or ...

For smaller, frequently executed programs, C will be at home enjoying a
cold one with friends and family before scripting programs get out of the
starting gate.

--
Thanks in advance,