[asterisk-users] AEL Macro are evil :-)

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 04:33:33 CST 2013

I just discover an "hidden" problem with AEL macro I want to have your
feedback. If you use a macro to dial out, like &dialout(${EXTEN}), the leg
extension will became ~~~~s~~~~ and if it happens you transfer the call,
that will be the callerid appearing on the other phone display.
I am just rewriting all the dialplan getting rid of the macro and using
gosub, even if asterisk is complaining about  "application call to gosub
affects flow of control, and needs to be re-written using AEL if, while,
goto, etc. keywords instead!", but I am not seeing any other way...

Leandro