[asterisk-users] ERROR: chan_dahdi.c: PRI Span: 3 PROBLEM: General: Badly Structured Component

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Feb 20 10:53:09 CST 2013

> has anybody ever encountered this ERROR before? It happens frequently
> on
> my debian6-based pbx. I'm using Asterisk 1.8.11 with
> dahdi-linux-2.4.1
> and a quadBRI card.
>
> ERROR: chan_dahdi.c: PRI Span: 3    PROBLEM: General: Badly
> Structured
> Component
>
> I tried to google but without success.
>
> Do you know what it means? Should I worry?

It means that the peer has rejected a facility message sent by Asterisk.
Facility messages are mainly used to implement supplementary services.
Supplementary services are things like call-completion,
explicit-call-transfer, call-diversion/redirection, and advice-of-charge.
The supplementary service that Asterisk was attempting to invoke was
rejected and thus failed.  It could be that the peer does not support the
service, does not recognize the format used, or does not handle the
message correctly.

A "pri set debug on span x" trace is needed to give any more information.

Richard