[asterisk-users] ControlPlayback unable to play MixMonitor files, Premature EOF

Mehmet Avcioglu mehmet at activecom.net
Sun Feb 17 18:59:20 CST 2013

I have a strange problem with MixMonitor and ControlPlayback,

I am recording wav files

   MixMonitor(/path/filename.wav,b)

When I try to play them back, I get no audio, dialplan continues to the next line as if the sound file is 0 seconds long

   ControlPlayback(/path/filename)

I can play the file in other programs and verify there is sound there

If I touch the file with sox, it will start working

   sox /path/filename.wav /path/filename-trim.wav trim 1

   ControlPlayback(/path/filename-trim)	; Works

Both files look the same

    /path/filename.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz
    /path/filename-trim.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

However the sox command above gives a "Premature EOF" warning message for the input wav file. I suspect this is the problem. Why would I be creating files using MixMonitor that have a premature end of file and what can I do to avoid this?

Using Asterisk 1.8.19.

Thanks

--
Mehmet Avcioglu