[asterisk-users] Transfer by transfer button, distinguish in dialplan

Roel van Meer roel.vanmeer at bokxing.nl
Fri Feb 15 06:54:35 CST 2013

Hi list!

We're using Asterisk in a setup where you can transfer a call via the
Asterisk feature, or via the Transfer button on a SIP phone. Both work.

However, in my dialplan I cannot distinguish normal calls from calls made
by pressing the Transfer button on a phone.

To clarify, I would like to know the difference in the call from A to B, in
these two situations:

1 (normal call)
A calls B

2 (transferred call)
C calls A
A presses "Transfer" button and calls B

Does anyone know a way how to accomplish this? Is it at all possible?

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Roel