[asterisk-users] Variables set by AGI lost in dialplan

Deepesh D deep.d2010 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:18:10 CST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Deepesh D wrote:
>
>> The problem I am facing is that sometimes the variables are wrongly
>> received as 0 (zero) in the dialplan even if the AGI has set it to a
>> non-zero value.
>

> Are the variables actually set to '0' and not '' (like an undefined
> variable)?
The variables are set to '0'

>> This error does not happen for all calls and is not reproducible, it is
>> random.
>

> Maybe you are violating the AGI protocol. Are you using an established
> library or did you roll your own?
Yes, even I suspect that. I am not using any established library. I
have written my own AGI.
I get the error "utils.c: write() returned error: Broken pipe" when
the AGI is called. In many forums and mailing-lists I read that this
message can be safely ignored. Till now, I used to ignore this message
as the AGI seemed to worked without any problem, it was only 2 days
ago that I realized that there are a few calls being dropped. Now I
have made some changes to the AGI and the error message has gone away.
I will monitor it for a day to check if the problem happens again