[asterisk-users] cisco 7940 and asterisk 11

Yves A. yves030 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 04:47:35 CST 2013

maybe not related to your problem, but I had a similar effect after
"upgrading" my 1.6 to 11.
not on phones (pbx was used as ivr only), but voicefile were played in a
robo style unconditionally.
this effect could only be gotten rid of by rebooting the server.
i had to completely clean the installation and rebuild 11 from
scratch... i think some mp3
classes have caused the effect... (although no mp3 files were used..)
when the effect occurred,
there was nothing that hinted to  any problem... cpu usage, network etc.
everything was fine,
but even only restarting asterisk did not help... i think some libs got
messed up during update.

so i´d recommend to rebuild the server complete from scratch... if the
problem still
exists after new build... it would be interesting to know, if you just
took the same config-files
from your previous version which would maybe cause problems...

if all fails, i would then go deeper into network analysis and trace the
traffic.

meanwhile i administer around 10 asterisk boxes and i always use ubuntu
12.04 lts and
latest asterisk 11 on dell r3/4/6xx servers... up to now everything runs
fine..

regards,
yves