[asterisk-users] how to join calls - not barge?

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Tue Feb 12 16:37:13 CST 2013

---- Original Message -----
> From: "sean darcy" <seandarcy2 at gmail.com>

> Can I throw A and B into a confbridge and then add C?  Create a new
> channel that grabs the A <-> B channel? Or is there a more straight
> forward way to do this?

The Asterisk Definitive guide has some good info on what you can do with ConfBridge. That might work for you. See "Advanced Conferencing"[1] and "Conferencing with ConfBridge()"[2]

Also, there is the Shared Line Appearance stuff in Asterisk[3]. That's a bit more confusing, but may help you as well. I'd recommend playing with both to really see if they work for your needs.

[1] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-SysAdmin.html
[2] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-DP-Deeper.html#confbridgeConferencing
[3] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-DeviceStates.html#SLA

--