[asterisk-users] How to install in /usr/local/sbin instead of/usr/sbin ?

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Tue Feb 12 06:44:44 CST 2013

If this is the case then doing "make install DESTDIR=../local/sbin"
should install in the /usr/local/sbin directory.

It looks to be using a relative path starting in /usr/sbin/

Jacob

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Olivier
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:03 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] How to install in /usr/local/sbin instead
of/usr/sbin ?

Hi,

Reading comment in the bottom of
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+Aster
isk, I thought I could install asterisk 11 in non-standard locations
such as /usr/local/sbin simply typing (from source directory):
make install DESTDIR=/usr/local/sbin

Doing so seems to install elsewhere
For instance, make install DESTDIR=/usr/sbin installs runtime asterisk
in /usr/sbin/usr/sbin directory.

Am I correctly understanding the wiki page ?
What is the appropriate command ?

Regards