[asterisk-users] Call abandoned from queue not showing in CDR (possible bug)

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 09:50:19 CST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 08:32 -0600, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 02:52 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:

> >> Do you have unanswered=yes set in cdr.conf?
> >>
> >> CDRs in Queues can depend heavily on your dialplan, whether or not the
> >> call is Answered prior to it going into the Queue, etc. What is the
> >> state of the inbound channel when it goes into the Queue?
> >>

> > unanswered=yes in the cdr.conf would have too many side effects for us
> > (i.e. a single cdr entry for each channel rung).
> >
> > To me this behaviour seems inconsistent with that of Dial. If I use dial
> > to call 3 peers and the caller abandons the call I will get a single CDR
> > entry with disposition NO ANSWER. Now if I use Queue to call the same 3
> > peers that are members of that queue and abandon the call, I get no cdr
> > entry at all.
> >
> > This to me seems wrong.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ish
> >

> Hi Ish -
>
> The behaviour of CDRs in Queue can be interesting at times, and doesn't
> always match the behaviour of what occurs through Dial. In this
> particular case, because Queue doesn't Answer a call automatically for
> you, a lack of an Answer prior to going into Queue means the
> 'unanswered' logic kicks in for the CDRs. Hence, if a caller abandons a
> call attempt and no agent ever answered it, Queue/CDR code treats the
> call as never having been answered and, if you don't have unanswered=yes
> in your cdr.conf, will not log an entry.
>
> Note that there are a few other quirks with CDRs in queues in this and
> related scenarios, particularly when some of the members are busy (see
> ASTERISK-17776). We discussed making changes to this behaviour in
> release branches (see https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2064/), but
> decided against it due to the ripple effect changes in CDRs have on
> users. If you're running into similar behaviour, you may want to
> backport those changes to your version.
>
> Matt

Hi Matt/anyone

The only way I can get the desired behaviour is if I do a dial for one
second before the queue is called. This gives me a No answer disposition
if the caller abandons the call while in the queue.

I tried ringing, answer and playback. The latter 2 always set the
disposition to answered, even when the call is abandoned.

So, is there any other application that answers the channel without
setting the disposition like Dial does?

Thanks

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552