[asterisk-users] Asterisk calls between 2 private networks

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Thu Feb 7 08:47:48 CST 2013

For the phone on the public network. you might need to set canreinvite=no.
My guess is that if you listen really closely you would have about a
quarter second of audio before it cuts out. Whenever I have had this
happen it is because the packets didn't know how to reroute from the IP
address of the Asterisk server to the IP address of the phone. My guess is
that your network has the proper pathing to send the packets into the
servers IP address but can't redirect them to the other IP addresses.

If it works, you can leave canreinvite on for phones in the private
network, but any that will register to the public network should have it
set to no.

Kevin Larsen - Systems Analyst - Pioneer Balloon - Ph: 316-688-8208