[asterisk-users] Somewhat OT: Specific SIP packets can cause ethernet controller reset

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Wed Feb 6 21:02:23 CST 2013

On 7/02/2013, at 5:08 AM, Kristian Kielhofner <kris at kriskinc.com> wrote:

> While not strictly Asterisk related this issue could certainly affect
> some of you:
>
> http://blog.krisk.org/2013/02/packets-of-death.html

A fascinating write-up Kristian. The information it's making it's way around the e-mail underbelly of the internet very quickly, and a lot of interested (and some very switched on) eyes are seeing it in a short amount of time, or so it seems. I first heard about it through a geek friend of mine here in NZ before I saw your posting on this list for example.

Good on you for making your research results (& method) public. Well done.

Pete Mundy