[asterisk-users] dahdi-channels.conf parameters

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 6 09:04:57 CST 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 02:09:12PM -0600, Hose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've always used dahdi-genconf to just create the dahdi-channels.conf
> and since our PRI is fairly simple (just dump all the channels into one
> group) it works with dialing with dahdi/g1/(number). I'm trying to
> understand the file though for my own reference.
>
> It seems the file looks like this:
>
> group=0,11
> context=from-pstn
> switchtype = national
> signalling = pri_cpe
> channel => 1-23
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> So what I don't get is why group is specified with 0,11. Is that groups
> 0 and groups 11? And then it has a random group = 63 at the end. And I
> dial with group 1 (dahdi/g1), but it seems to work? :) It's completely
> confused me as to why this actually works.

'group = 63' is a work around an old (and long-ago fixed, I believe) in
chan_dahdi (or maybe chan_zap - and never made it to chan_dahdi?). You
can just write 'group = ' instead to reset the groups.

It would be even nicer to write the above as:

[dahdi-span-1]
group=0,11
context=from-pstn
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
dahdichan => 1-23

('dahdi-span-1' is an arbitrary title). This "only" works for Asterisk

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com