[asterisk-users] Wierd question - Give me your opinion please

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Feb 5 12:43:52 CST 2013

At 08:11 PM 2/4/2013, you wrote:

>Would you purchase a NEW TOWER Server with PCI slots to accommodate the cards,
>OR
>Purchase a NEW RACK MOUNT server for the PBX, and Buy/Build a
>Cheaper Server just for the analog extensions,

Personally I think I'd purchase a number of used servers so if one
dies, you have a backup or three. 25 lines does not need a modern
processor and it seems silly to spend money for a warranty when you
could spend less and have a number of spares.

I've used these to extend ethernet over phone lines.

http://www.startech.com/Networking-IO/Media-Converters/Ethernet-Extenders/10-100Mbps-VDSL2-Ethernet-LAN-Extender-Kit~110VDSLEXT

Ira