[asterisk-users] Wierd question - Give me your opinion please

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 5 05:53:30 CST 2013

On 5/2/13 11:45 am, Jared Baxley wrote:
> The closest building is 950 ft, the second is 1850 ft. These two buildings
> are connected via LRE's using existing 6 Pair, Unfortunately re
> cabling isn't an option. Other buildings are even further from the office,
> about 15 or so scattered about that only require 1 phone each.

Have you considered running your own SHDSL between the sites, i.e. run a
small DSLAM in the main building? That'd give you IP connectivity in the
remote buildings which could be used for both phones and also general
net access if required. You'd then avoid having to worry about analogue
phones at all.

A friend did this down the length of a heritage railway as they already
had cable running the length of their tracks, and I believe it was
fairly successful.

Kind regards,

Chris