[asterisk-users] Wierd question - Give me your opinion please

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 02:17:30 CST 2013

Both the Sangoma and the Digium card are module based, so in the event of a
electrical shock, the module will burn and the board will be safe.
About the "too long" lines, the UTP cable is not the only type of cable
capable of running ethernet. Skipping the too much expensive fiber optics,
you can find some cheap RG58 cable with BNC connectors. 10BaseT can run up
to 185 meters and you can have stations in the middle. If the distances are
longer and you don't like to get your hands dirty with old equipment, then
you can use the new Homeplug standard, capable of running ethernet on
almost any electrical media for hundred and hundred of meters of distance.

Leandro