[asterisk-users] How to connect a POTS robo alert dialer to asterisk with email notification

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Sun Feb 3 12:39:48 CST 2013

On 3/2/13 4:59 pm, David Smiley wrote:
> I finally found the perfect solution for me:http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-D111-101-E1-WGB-Wireless-Monitor/dp/B0081UR76G/ref=dp_ob_title_def
> The device is $69, plus $10/month for alerts.  And I get to monitor the temperature online, which is a great bonus.

Working on the assumption that you already have internet access at the
property in question, I do wonder whether you might be better off with
something network-based rather than phone based. You should be able to
pick up a network temperature sensor relatively inexpensively, which you
could in turn use to fire HTTP requests to a server under your control
(even if it's at your home). You could then store temperature stats in a
database and set up your own triggers to <do something> as and when they
drop below a certain threshold.

In my $dayjob I've set up a number of similar systems at bird hides in
various national parks/wetlands here in the UK for similar purposes
(with the addition of the ability to pull off CCTV images). These are
running programmable ICs which make a simple HTTP call to a webserver
running SQL over a 3G data SIM every hour. I doubt it'd be difficult for
you to knock up something similar for your property.

Kind regards,

Chris