[asterisk-users] RJ11 x RJ45

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Fri Feb 1 06:54:13 CST 2013

On 1/2/13 12:41 pm, Luis H. Forchesatto wrote:
> Como que se faz um conector RJ45 em uma ponta e RJ11 e outra. Pretendo
> conectar a linha de um ATA em uma placa Khomp KFXO IP. A ponta que tem o
> conector RJ45 está crimpada com a sequencia 568B e vai ser conectada na
> placa Khomp, mas a ponta RJ11 eu não sei como deve ficar.
> Li alguns manuais na internet mas não entendi ao certo como tem que ser
> feito.

Thanks to Google Translate, this apparently says something like:
"How do you make a RJ45 connector on one end and one RJ11. I intend
connect to an ATA line on a plate Khomp KFXO IP. The tip having
RJ45 connector is crimped with the sequence 568B and will be connected
to the
Khomp plate, but the tip RJ11 I do not know how it should be.
I read some manuals on the internet but did not understand exactly how
it must be
made."

Generally speaking the line pair are on pins 4+5, usually the blue pair.
So if all you need is a single line pair, you should be able to just
wire up the blue pair to the centre pins on your RJ11 connector.

Alternatively, you can cheat, and just use an RJ11 - RJ11 cable - these
usually fit just fine into an RJ45 socket.

Kind regards,

Chris