[asterisk-users] OT - Chan-mobile -Bluetooth dongle on remote LAN workstation

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Fri Feb 1 03:43:57 CST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: [asterisk-users] OT - Chan-mobile -Bluetooth dongle on remote
LAN workstation
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:25:42 +0100

Hello,

On a LAN, is it possible to install a bluetooth dongle on one
workstation (at this time, this workstation OS is not specified) and use
it with chan_mobile ?
I've read some USB over IP (or Ethernet) middleware exist but I'm not
certain I'm looking at the right direction.

Regards
Hi Oliver,

I've been trying to do this for a while.
Been using latest blackberries and oldest nokia, and a laptop with
build-in and also an external BT-dongle.

What i noticed, is that the presence is highly unstable.
Even without walking along (kept the phone 10 cm from the BT-dongle) it
kept bouncing: found-gone-found-gone.... Unworkable.

I wanted not only presence, but speech-patch also via BT.
Idea was, that if co-workers are located at the other end of the world,
they can still be reached on they handy, even when no GSM-roaming is
acceptable (due to costs).

hw