[asterisk-users] *8 and SIP

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Tue Dec 31 12:46:37 CST 2013

Dialplan is solid..

exten => *8,1,VoicemailMain(@default)
exten => *8,2,Hangup
exten => 88,1,VoicemailMain(@default)
exten => 88,2,Hangup

Also tried "_*8" in the dialplan at the request of a fellow BOFH.

Using 88 temporarily, Which works fine. Also, DAHDI dumps into the same
context and has no issue. I did indeed restart the service after any
features change. I always run my CLI with about 8 million v's, But still
don't get any useful feedback on this issue.

I understand I can easily change the voicemail number. But this customer
(hotel) has the voicemail number printed on in-room cards. So I'm hoping
not to cause them a re-print.
Nick Olsen
 Network Operations
(855) FLSPEED  x106