[asterisk-users] Reading DTMF sent by callee during a SIP

Alex ralienpp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 09:42:26 CST 2013

Don,
> Isn't it easier just to use a SIP door phone?
Not in my case. The purpose of the whole exercise is to turn it into a
DIY project and hopefully, train a bunch of kids how to tinker with
RaspberryPi, Linux and Asterisk. Therefore, my objective is not to
"give a fish", but to "teach how to fish" and make them able to see
the fun in it :-)

Ish,
> You could create your own feature in features.conf that executes a
> Macro/Gosub defined in sip.conf...
Hmmm, I have never dealt with customized features.conf in the past, so
I will look into that direction.

So far, my approach is to leverage what I already know - and that is
to simply transfer the call to a specific extension; which, in turn -
will call System() in order to send a command to the electro-magnet
that keeps the door locked.

The downside is that one would have to press #5 (assuming that 5 is
that "magic" extension for opening the door), rather than just #.

Alex