[asterisk-users] Multiple IAX2 Trunks Load balancing

Muhammad Usman replyusman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 01:41:41 CST 2013

Friends let me define the scenario please;
Scenario:
2 asterisk servers (A & B) are connected using 05 IAX2 trunks between them.
The machine A is running asterisk & Openvpn server in TUN mode (5 instances
with difference IP addresses for clients). The machine B is running
asterisk with 05 OpenVPN clients using 05 bandwidths. The IAX trunks are
established between each pair of P-2-P ip address of machine A (The OPENVPN
Server) & machine B (The Openvpn client).
Requirement:
Required dial plan configuration at machine A for incoming calls from VoIP
Switch/VOS which can forward the calls to IAX2 trunks in round robin
fashion like Load Balancing. If any trunk goes down it starts forwarding
the traffic to other available trunks & when it gets UP the dialplan should
perform as desired. Like L.B & Fail-over scenarios.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Hans Witvliet <asterisk at a-domani.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 06:20 -0600, Don Kelly wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 12:48 +0500, Muhammad Usman wrote:
> > > Hi - I have 2 Asterisk servers connected using 05 IAX2 trunks. I want
> > > to load balance incoming calls over IAX2 trunks. If any trunk goes
> > > down the calls traffic will be shared with other available trunks.
> > > When it gets Up the script is supposed to perform as desired i.e in
> > > load balance mode.
> >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > Hans said:
>

> > Perhaps it is possible to do the L.B. at the O.S. or network level, and
> let
> > all trunks appear to asterisk to one single trunk.
> >
> > Don asks:
> >
> > What's the value of load balancing multiple IAX trunks between the same
> > system pair? What resources are being balanced?

> Perhaps the O.P. can explain about his intentions...
>
> In some situations it makes sense though:
> If you have to connect two servers, and use different kind of
> infrastructure / multiple providers...
>
> hw
>

> --

                                    Regards: