[asterisk-users] Ctrl-W killing entire line, not just last word

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:22:54 CST 2013

On the Asterisk CLI, I notice that pressing Ctrl-W deletes the entire
line of text, as opposed to just the last word. Is this an artifact of
using editline instead of readline? I'll note that other Emacs-style
keypresses work just fine on the Asterisk CLI, but Ctrl-W is a real
pain. I would go so far as to call this a bug as it is certainly
behaviour that differs from what the user expects.

Here are my system details:

*CLI> core show version
Asterisk 11.5.1 built by dotancohen @ eris on a x86_64 running Linux
on 2013-10-07 19:20:49 UTC
*CLI> Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
Executing last minute cleanups
 - eris():~$ uname -a
Linux eris 3.8.0-34-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 18:00:10 UTC
2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
 - eris():~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 13.04 \n \l

Interestingly, I don't even seem to have editline installed and thus
Asterisk is likely using its own packaged editline:

 - eris():~$ aptitude search editline
p   libeditline-dev                            - development files for
libeditline
p   libeditline-dev:i386                       - development files for
libeditline
p   libeditline0                               - line editing library
similar to readline
p   libeditline0:i386                          - line editing library
similar to readline
p   libghc-editline-dev                        - Haskell bindings to
the BSD editline library (libedit
p   libghc-editline-dev:i386                   - Haskell bindings to
the BSD editline library (libedit
v   libghc-editline-dev-0.2.1.1-b3dee          -
v   libghc-editline-dev-0.2.1.1-c95e1:i386     -
p   libghc-editline-doc                        - Haskell bindings to
the BSD editline library (libedit

Thank you!

--
Dotan Cohen