[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Windows

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 09:19:00 CST 2013

Digium is 100% lost in the map. If they would come up with a Paid
version of Asterisk, one that would use the .NET framework in Windows,
something simple to install, they could go public on the product.
Linux has a very steep learning curve. A Windows application that
would do exactly the same would be a home run. Note: I am a Linux
expert user, but it took me years to get here. And still, moving from
regular RHEL 6.0 to Fedora 20 (RHEL 7) is a pain in the neck. The .NET
framework and Windows server 2012 are miles away in terms of
friendliness and on equal footing on performance. I don´t mean another
slow cygwin port, I man a native Asterisk for windows. In fact, I
would invest on the project if somebody wants to do it.