[asterisk-users] ReceiveFAX problem

Matthias Leopold matthias at aic.at
Thu Aug 29 16:17:45 CDT 2013

hi,

today i upgraded from asterisk 1.4.21 to 1.6.2.9 (i know this release is
not supported anymore, please don't tell me to upgrade).

unfortunately now i can't use the rxfax() application anymore. i tried
to use ReceiveFAX() the way i used to use rxfax() (multiple dedicated
fax extensions getting their faxes from isdn via zaptel/dahdi), but this
doesn't work.

either fax receiving "works" (tiff file there), but the result isn't
mailed like described here

http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?p=151415

or in a slightly different setup i get "Fax detected, but no fax extension".

i need multiple fax extensions. how do i do this? separate contexts for
each fax extension with a "fax extension"? i didn't manage to do this.

i know i didn't post any config and my description is rather crude, but
maybe someone understands my problem and can point me in the right
direction.

thx
matthias