[asterisk-users] Dedicated hangup extension h

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Wed Aug 28 08:07:11 CDT 2013

Thanks, I'll take a look at that too.

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Noah Engelberth
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:29 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Dedicated hangup extension h

The magic you're looking for exists in Asterisk 11: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Hangup+Handlers

Basically, instead of h extensions, that fire based on what context the call ended in (and fire for all extensions in that context), you attach a handler to the call at some point (such as, when it enters a specific extension).  At the end of the call, each hangup handler fires as a Gosub, in reverse order of how they were added (the last one added fires first).  Life gets a little entertaining if you're trying to remove hangup handlers and don't remember what order they went on in (your removal choices are either the last one added or all of them), but for what you're describing as what you need, hangup handlers should work fairly well.

Thank you,

Noah Engelberth
MetaLINK Technologies