[asterisk-users] ISDN outgoing caller id

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Tue Aug 27 14:48:19 CDT 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:28:36 +0200
Gergo Csibra <csibra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 8:41:18 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > On 08/27/2013 08:04 PM, Gergo Csibra wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is anybody out there who can set the outgoing caller id on ISDN
> >> (CAPI or misdn) channels? I've tryed everything what I found in
> >> forums, os voip-info.com but no luck. I use a fritz card with CAPI
> >> in my first installation (1 BRI), and a hfc 4 port bri card with
> >> misdn on other. The first installation have p-t-mp configuration,
> >> the second one is p-t-p. Both configuration is EuroISDN in Hungary.
> >>
> >> So, can anybody help me?
>
> > Have you checked with your Telco if they allow you to change the
> > callerid? If yes, are you setting the callerid to a number that you
> > are allowed to use? You can't just set callerid to any number you
> > like. You must "own" the number which you want to set callerid to.
> > I have no problem setting the callerid on outgoing calls via
> > chan_capi to one of the numbers that the telco assigned to me.
>
> Yes, of course I want to set our assigned numbers, becuse the called
> party sees "Unknown" now.

First you need to discuss with your telco whether you can do this on
your lines.  They may not allow it at all, but if they don't, they
should at least set it to something other than "Unknown" for you.  You
need to talk to them.

Then, if they do allow you to set it, and it still doesn't work for you,
please post your code to the list so we can see where you may have gone
wrong.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company