[asterisk-users] Echo Cancellation

Ghanshyam btcs.email at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 14:01:09 CDT 2013

Shaun Ruffell <sruffell <at> digium.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 02:51:02AM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> > Hello;
> >
> > If our Digium Telephony Card does not support echo cancellation
> > like (1TDM410PLF or 1AEX410PLF), what is the best and simple way
> > to overcome the echo?
> >
> > Regards
> > Bilal
>
> Also, just FYI, those cards do support adding a hardware
> echocancelation module. But I would recommend trying the software
> solutions first.

I am new to asterisk and pbxiaf. I have setup a VM and intend to use it for
a number of android phones (using sipdroid) all on local wifi for a
conference call. There is a lot of echo.
I also added a GoogleVoice account, even on a standard phone call the remote
party gets a late but large echo.

As I understand, DAHDI works with the cards, seeing as my complete system is
software based, how would I get rid of the echo.

Thanks in advance.

Ghanshyam