[asterisk-users] Dialplan MySQL inserted ID

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 11:00:28 CDT 2013

On Tuesday 20 August 2013, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I obtain the "inserted ID" after having inserted a row with
> MySQL in the dialplan ?
>
> exten => s,n,MYSQL(Query resultid ${connid} INSERT INTO myTable SET
> C1="${ARG1}", C2="${ARG2}",
> timestamp="${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M:%S)}")
>
> I need to know the ID of the newly inserted row.
>

> Kind regards,
> Jonas.

I'm not sure it's possible to do that using the simple MySQL interface
provided within the dialplan.

Why not write an AGI script in your favourite language  (Perl, Python, PHP,
Java all have AGI and MySQL bindings)  to perform the INSERT query for you?
You can supply values for C1 and C2 easily enough; and have your AGI script
return the insert ID in a channel variable.  (You could also return another
channel variable indicating success or failure, if this is important.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.