[asterisk-users] SIP trunk and congestion handling

Mordechay Kaganer mkaganer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 07:11:10 CDT 2013

B.H.

While dialing out i get a lot of AMI responses like this:

Event: Hangup
Privilege: call,all
Channel: SIP/TRK012-000336b0
Uniqueid: S5-1376567634.218719
CallerIDNum: XXXXXXXXX
CallerIDName: YYYYYYYYYY
ConnectedLineNum: XXXXXXXXX
ConnectedLineName: YYYYYYYYYY
*Cause: 19*
*Cause-txt: User alerting, no answer*

Event: OriginateResponse
Privilege: call,all
ActionID: 249867518_255525#YD_UFOzWQx30Wm6PM3USxGE
Response: Failure
Channel: SIP/TRK012/YYYYYYYYYY
Context: YemotDialer_Bridge
Exten: s
*Reason: 8*
Uniqueid: <null>
CallerIDNum: XXXXXXXXX
CallerIDName: YYYYYYYYYY

As mentioned in the previous mails, SIP response code is 480. I would
expect to get reason 3 not 8. Reason 8 is confusing my dialer software so
it wants to redial the number.

I use Asterisk 1.8.22. Is this a bug in asterisk or is a problem with my
SIP trunk provider?