[asterisk-users] G729 Passthrough How To

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Wed Aug 14 10:13:02 CDT 2013

"file convert" in the Asterisk CLI, IF you have the g729 codec installed.
You need to convert every single file you may play to a caller
You can't force Asterisk to never attempt transcoding, the most you can do is force all sip.conf entries to use g729.  It will still transcode to play ringback to the caller.