[asterisk-users] G729 Passthrough How To

Asghar Mohammad asghar144 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:01:16 CDT 2013

As my understanding Asterisk always pass-thu g729 if both ends have this
codec.
But if you answer the call or play some audio before dialing to end point
then asterisk stay between both legs.
In case of VM. you should install g729 if your prompts are in g729 format.
As a2billing play voice prompts you cannot pass-thu transparently.
I think the load on you server is not for transcoding  but PHP scripts.
I was in this situation and reduce the upto 80% by removing A2B.