[asterisk-users] SIP trunk and congestion handling

Shishir Pokharel Shishir.Pokharel at on24.com
Tue Aug 13 14:29:29 CDT 2013

21.1.5<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-21.1.5> 183 Session Progress

   The 183 (Session Progress) response is used to convey information
   about the progress of the call that is not otherwise classified.  The
   Reason-Phrase, header fields, or message body MAY be used to convey
   more details about the call progress.

21.1.2<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-21.1.2> 180 Ringing

   The UA receiving the INVITE is trying to alert the user.  This

   response MAY be used to initiate local ringback.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-21.1.2