[asterisk-users] Asterisk - WHMCS Intergration

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Aug 7 09:44:59 CDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Daniel Watson <daniel at glovine.com.au> wrote:

> Gday Guys
>
>   I was wondering if anybody might have some ideas, other then saying to
> get a programmer to code something up for me.
>
>  I have seen it done before, and what i am after is a module for
> asterisk/freepbx that will communicate with WHMCS,
>
>  What i would like to achieve from this, is a section on WHMCS client
> profile for a security pin, and when they call through for support, it asks
> them to enter in their customer ID and the PIN in their profile

At a glance I don't see anything out there that is pre-built for you.

If you do have a dev then it looks like a fairly simple deal. Looks like
WHMCS has a nice API:

http://docs.whmcs.com/API
http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Get_Clients_Details
http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Get_Clients_Password

and you could probably accomplish the same with straight database lookups
since you are only pulling info and comparing it to what the user entered
through DTMF.

http://bloke.org/whmcs/whmcs-and-asteriskfreepbx-integration/

--

Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW -