[asterisk-users] Strange issues with newly rebooted machine

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 04:30:46 CDT 2013

Hi all,

After being up and running for almost 2 years, we finally had to
reboot one of our servers.  Now, however, it's having "problems."

We're using real-time configuration for SIP peers and voicemail, via ODBC.

But when I run "sip show peers" I don't get anything.  Even when I
load a known peer by name, nothing happens:

sip show peer voice12 load

This command just returns, with no output.

It did occur to me that I might be having a problem with ODBC.
However, when I show the status, I get good results:

> odbc show db

ODBC DSN Settings

  Name:   db
  DSN:    db
    Last connection attempt: 1969-12-31 17:00:00
  Pooled: No
  Connected: In use

I'm using 10.2.1.  Also, I've noticed that <tab> command completion
doesn't work on the Asterisk console.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

Mike Diehl.