[asterisk-users] Can't register to Asterisk 1.6 with old Aastra phones

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 29 05:25:23 CDT 2013

Hi Carlos,

On 04/28/2013 10:56 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> We have a new customer with a lot of old phones like the 9133i.  They
> won't register, and we see some very strange behavior with them.  If
> the SIP peer exists, they simply fail silently, with no error in the
> CLI or the messages log.  Nothing works, but no errors.
>
> If the peer does not exist, it's clear that it's registering improperly:
>
> [2013-04-28 13:34:31] NOTICE[3058] chan_sip.c: Registration from
> 'abc123 <sip:abc123@>' failed for '68.2.x.x' - No matching peer found
>
> Typically of course we'd expect to see:  <sip:abc123 at server>
>
> We're running the latest available firmware, but it's from 2009.  Any
> ideas on this before we just trash all the older phones?

I reviewed one of those a long time ago. I'm afraid all I can remember
is that it had its fair share of issues. I did a lot of factory resets
and had to set the config through tftp *or* the UI but not mix both. Did
you try doing factory resets (page 9-11 in admin guide) and/or
downgrading to an older firmware release?

Main info page:
http://www.aastra.ca/document-library.htm?curr_fam=Aastra+9000i&curr_nav=2&prod_id=6441

The 1.4.0 firmware:
https://www.voipon.co.uk/products/download/aastra_9133i.zip