[asterisk-users] cdr report

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 10:09:57 CDT 2013

On Tuesday 23 April 2013, aristidis tsitras wrote:
> Hi. i am running asterisk in a low powered machine (alix2d13 from
> pcengines) without any gui. the machine works fine to route all my calls
> for the office. the problem is the management of the CDRs. i can see the
> master.csv file, but it is not very friendly for the secretary of this
> office to manage the calls.
> is there a way to have a nice way to see the CDRs?Since the machine is
> very small on CPU, it has to be as low on CPU/RAM consumption as possible.
> any ideas?

CSV files can be opened with any spreadsheet software  (such as OpenOffice.org
calc or Numbers).

Alternatively, you can have the CDR using a database.  This can be on another
server.  Note if you are using MySQL, you will have to enable this yourself;
this is because not all of Asterisk is covered by the GPL, and the MySQL CDR
code ends up unredistributable.  (But it works as well as anything).  Then
write a Web app on the database server to display wanted CDR entries.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.