[asterisk-users] Dialplan reload not reloading everything

Brandon Mackie bmackie at awktane.com
Tue Apr 23 06:54:15 CDT 2013

Good morning,

We recently fell back to the most recent build of asterisk 1.8 down from 11.3 and I believe we've crossed some sort of limit for 1.8. Our dialplan is 515723 entries long with 6263 distinct contexts. Both are loaded realtime via odbc (mysql). Previously at the end of a dialplan reload we would get a summary of how long it took to reload everything. Now it just shows the last line that it loaded as seen below:

    -- Registered extension context '4959_5095_0'; registrar: pbx_config
    -- Including switch 'realtime/@' in context '4959_5095_0'
    -- Registered extension context '4960_5096_0'; registrar: pbx_config
    -- Including switch 'realtime/@' in context '4960_5096_0'
asterisk*CLI>

I've tried turning on debug and there's no extra information. I tried running it from the command line with -rx and it says dialplan reloaded. Yet a bunch of the newest contexts aren't recognized (asterisk reports that they don't exist then call dies). I've confirmed they're in the database. The context it ends with is not always the same. Sometimes it's in the 3000 range and sometimes it's in the 4000s. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a maximum string length for the contexts or something that could be causing this?