[asterisk-users] Installing Asterisk on Virtual Machine

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 22 06:43:01 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 03:44:45PM +0530, Sandeep Raju wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Asterisk 11.2 on a virtual machine in my private
> opestack cloud.. When I compile Asterisk 11.2 from source (./configure,
> make, make install) as specified in the Asterisk book and run it, it gives
> me the error: "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".
>
> Any ideas how I can solve this?

What operating system do you have installed there? What CPU?

What is the output of:  uname -a

Illegal instruction means that you tried running an instruction that the
CPU cann't run. Maybe an incorrect choice of optimization flags? Maybe
this is due to libraries not matching your architecture?

Next thing to do: get a trace from the core file that was dumped using
gdb.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com