[asterisk-users] E911 Voip Trunking

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Apr 19 19:35:09 CDT 2013

There are E911 providers that offer this functionality.  I know off the top
of my head, 911Enable offers a service like this.  A former client of mine
that provided hosted PBX services had a contract with them.  I'm sure there
are other providers out there as well.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Chris Nighswonger <
cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:

> During the course of a conversation with an member of the IT group who
> handles the E911 center for our county, I learned that all of the county's
> E911 is voip based. This got me to wondering why we could not just
> configure up a SIP or some such trunk directly to the E911 center to handle
> our emergency traffic. The county seems interested in exploring the
> possibility.
>
> So I'm wondering if anyone else has attempted this.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Chris
>
> --

Thanks,