[asterisk-users] How to show caller number ?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 17 19:36:16 CDT 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, neo haux wrote:

> I am using asterisk 11.1.0. How to display the caller number (from
> asterisk -rvvv terminal) in the first step of the extension (before
> doing any action) ?

Use 'verbose()' in priority 1. Note that this means whatever was at
priority 1 needs to be changed to either '2' or 'n'.

To display the called number, I use something like:

         exten = _x.,1,                  verbose(1,[${EXTEN}@${CONTEXT}])

(The nice thing about exten at context is that you can use your mouse to
quickly select it then type 'dialplan show ' and then paste the clipboard
to see the relevant section of the dialplan.)

To display the caller ID, how about something like:

         exten = _x.,1,                  verbose(1,[${CALLERID(num)}@${EXTEN}@${CONTEXT}])

--
Thanks in advance,