[asterisk-users] core console debug on single file

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Apr 17 11:17:45 CDT 2013

> Hi all,
>
> I have console debugging enabled in logger.conf:
> console => notice,warning,error,debug
>
> Then a issue de command:
> core set debug 100 manager.c
>
> To see only debugging messages from AMI.
>
> But It shows nothing!!!
>
> And then if I do:
> core set debug 1
>
> Then I can see managar.c debug info, BUT if lots of other debug from
> all other files.
>
> How to see only manager.c (or any other ONE file) debug info?
>

> (I'm using asterisk 1.8)

You cannot specify a *.c file because no debug message will match
with that string.  The "core set [debug|verbose]" command has
not received any attention to rectify its tab completion so it
supplies only *.c filename suggestions which no longer work.
IIRC, this was a consequence of modules becoming more than one file.

You can specify
core set debug 1 core
To get debug messages for the Asterisk core module.
or
core set debug 1 <*.so-module>
To get debug messages for the loadable Asterisk *.so module.

In your case since manager.c is part of core you will get debug messages
from manager.c and all other files that are part of the core module.

Richard