[asterisk-users] Access postgresql directly from dialplan?

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 08:07:02 CDT 2013

I would like to access a Postgresql database directly from my dialplan
(to lookup names based on callerid numbers for incoming calls). Based on
everywhere I looked - it seems the only way to do this is with
func_odbc. Considering that Asterisk seems to be able to access
Postgresql databases directly using res_pgsql for the purposes of
realtime functionality (without using odbc - if I understand correctly)
- is there some other generic SQL dialplan function which would allow
access to the Postgresql database from the dialplan without configuring
ODBC and the rest?

Or does anybody know of a simpler way still to do this? My database is a
Horde address book backend - which is in Postgresql - so I would like to
use it to convert the incoming callerid's into names on the fly from the
Horde address book.