[asterisk-users] Progress() on outgoing calls

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Fri Apr 12 14:48:32 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jonas Kellens" <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>

> can you use Progress() in the dialplan for outgoing calls ? For
> example just before the Dial()-command ?

IIRC the application description is very accurate:

"This application will request that in-band progress information be provided to the calling channel."

Yes. It may not make much sense depending on what is on the far end.

> Is there a risk involved when using the Progress()-command ?

Maybe, but not that I can think of at the moment. :)

--
Rusty Newton
OS Community Support Manager | Digium, Inc. | www.digium.com