[asterisk-users] Polycom Soundpoint IP 330 provisioning

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Fri Apr 12 13:58:44 CDT 2013

Daniel,
   The bootom is not part of the SIP application that you downloaded.
You need to download the appropriate bootrom from the link Kevin
supplied. Before you do any more though, you really need to download the
SoundpointIP Admin guide here:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/spip_ssip_vvx_Admin_Guide_SIP_3_2_2_eng.pdf

Read chapters 2 and 3 at a minimum. There is a lot to setting up a
provisioning system for polycom phones and it helps to have the proper
background before getting started.

-Dave

On 04/12/2013 01:50 PM, Daniel - Asterisk wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
> Could you please tell me where I can found the 'application' my phones
> are looking for?
> I've already downloaded spip_ssip_vvx_3_2_3_release_sig combined and
> split zips, which lack a bootrom.ld file
> Thank you!
> Elder
>
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Kevin Larsen
> <kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
> <mailto:kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com>> wrote:
>
>     _http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/soundpoint_ip/soundpoint_ip330_320.html_
>
>     Kevin Larsen - Systems Analyst - Pioneer Balloon - Ph: 316-688-8208
>

>     From: Daniel - Asterisk <earohuanca at gmail.com
>     <mailto:earohuanca at gmail.com>>
>     <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>     <mailto:asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>>,
>     Date: 04/12/2013 12:42 PM
>     Subject: [asterisk-users] Polycom Soundpoint IP 330 provisioning
>     Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
>     <mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com>
>

>     Hello all,
>
>     I need the bootrom.ld file to set up some Polycoms I have
>
>     Platform: Model=SoundPoint IP 330, Assembly=2345-12200-001 Rev=A
>

>     I've publiched on my FTP files downloaded from
>     _http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/soundpoint_ip/soundpoint_ip330_320.html_
>
>     (3.2.3 combined and split zips) but my phones are still showing the
>     message: "error, application is not present"
>
>     I apologize it is not a pure Asterisk question but I'm sure some of
>     you can help me.
>
>     Thanks in advance!
>
>     Elder Arohuanca
>     Lima - Peru--