[asterisk-users] Network based transcoding

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:38:01 CDT 2013

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your response, we have adopted transcoding cards
in our old system, and they do have some limitations, especially when
it comes to concurrent calls. We were looking more into the lines of a
scalable multi server router like a cisco 3745. And loading it with
maximum number of packet voice DSP modules.
A gateway like the ones mentioned would also work fine. Anything but
an SBC, since we handle that on our own, and it would just be
redundant. What I am kind of unclear about, is how a network appliance
would fit into our architecture when it comes to processing the RTP
streams before passing it on to our servers for example.... Please
excuse my noob question ;)

N.