[asterisk-users] PRI DEBUG

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Apr 11 11:51:33 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

> hi,
>
> strange behaviour while trying to use pri debugging on asterisk 11.x
>
> please take a look:
>
> bas1104*CLI> pri show version
> libpri version: 1.4.13
> bas1104*CLI> dahdi show version
> DAHDI Version: 2.6.1 Echo Canceller: HWEC
> bas1104*CLI> help pri
> pri intense debug span <no description available>
> pri service disable channel Remove a channel from service
> pri service enable channel Return a channel to service
> pri set debug {on|off |hex|inte Enables PRI debugging on a span
> pri set debug file Sends PRI debug output to the specified file
> pri show channels Displays PRI channel information
> pri show debug Displays current PRI debug settings
> pri show spans Displays PRI span information
> pri show span Displays PRI span information
> pri show version Displays libpri version
> bas1104*CLI> help dahdi
> dahdi destroy channel Destroy a channel
> dahdi restart Fully restart DAHDI channels
> dahdi set dnd Sets/resets DND (Do Not Disturb) mode on a channel
> dahdi set hwgain Set hardware gain on a channel
> dahdi set swgain Set software gain on a channel
> dahdi show cadences List cadences
> dahdi show channels [group|con Show active DAHDI channels
> dahdi show channel Show information on a channel
> dahdi show status Show all DAHDI cards status
> dahdi show version Show the DAHDI version in use
>
> currently all debug off:
>
> bas1104*CLI> pri show debug
> Span 1: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 2: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 3: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 4: Debug: No Intense: No
>
> switching it on (which currently works as expected)
>

> bas1104*CLI> pri intense debug span 1
> Enabled debugging on span 1
>

> oops, still shows no debug.... but it IS activated...

It activated a different mode of debug than what you expected
because that command is an alias that was not updated.

> bas1104*CLI> pri show debug
> Span 1: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 2: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 3: Debug: No Intense: No
> Span 4: Debug: No Intense: No
>
> huh... how to disable it again? on some machines I can do so with
> "pri no debug span <nr>" but not here... gives same result (no
> such command) and debug is still enabled...
>
> bas1104*CLI> pri set debug off
> No such command 'pri set debug off' (type 'core show help pri set'
> for other possible commands)
> bas1104*CLI>
>

> so... whats the right way to disable pri debugging?

The correct command is "pri set debug {on|off|intense} span x".
The "pri intense debug span x" command is an alias for
"pri set debug 2 span x" that didn't get updated when the real
command was changed to "pri set debug intense span x".

This will show the help you need:
bas1104*CLI> help pri set debug off span

Richard