[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.2.1 / dahdi destroy channel / asteriskcrashes

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Apr 11 11:14:52 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> CLI>channel request hangup DAHDI/1-1
> Would work.
>
> But 'dahdi destroy channel 1' shouldn't segfault asterisk.

The "dahdi destroy channel" command is *only* for use when you know
what your doing.  Even then I would not recommend ever using that
command.  The CLI help for that command shows:
Usage: dahdi destroy channel <chan num>
	DON'T USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.  Immediately removes a given channel, whether it is in use or not.

So if that channel were in use then I would expect to get a segfault
because that channel is unconditionally removed from the system and
cannot be used again until Asterisk is restarted.

> Alec

It is the wrong command.

Richard