[asterisk-users] Asterisk Peaking and 91 Calls And not a Dime More!

Marie Fischer marie at vtl.ee
Tue Apr 9 16:40:21 CDT 2013

On 09.04.2013, at 23:43, Nick Khamis <symack at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's just it! Nothing! It just does not pass the 91 mark. There are
> no failed calls during the test:
>
>  Successful call        |        0                  |    20802
>  Failed call            |        0                  |        0
>
> It's locked on 91 calls. I think I have a channel limit or call limit
> thing set somewhere by accident?
>

>>> The SIPP Results
>>>

>>> ------------------------------ Scenario Screen -------- [1-9]: Change
>>> Screen --
>>>   Call-rate(length)   Port   Total-time  Total-calls  Remote-host
>>>   10.0(0 ms)/1.000s   5060    2089.21 s        20802 192.168.2.10:5060(UDP)

So you have total calls = 20802. Does this number grow over time?

>>>   0 new calls during 0.000 s period      0 ms scheduler resolution
>>>   0 calls (limit 100)                    Peak was 91 calls, after 9 s

IIRC, peak shows maximum concurrent calls.
What command line do you use to start SIPP? I see your call rate is 10 calls/sec and maximum calls set to 100. Have you tried experimenting with increasing the call rate (-r command line parameter)? How long is the recording you are playing or have you set a call length for SIPP (-d command line option) - that is, how long are your calls?

SIPP generates just as many calls as specified - if you have 10 calls per sec, it's quite logical to have ~90 ongoing calls after 9 secs. If your recording is about 9 secs, then the first calls will end at that time and you will never have more than ~90 concurrent calls.

--
marie